The fate of the businesses which occupy the Westgate Centre will be decided on 10th October at a planning committee at the Town Hall. Notting Hill Housing Trust’s wants to demolish the busy industrial units on Westgate/Bocking Street and replace them with the same type of commercial units that have been empty for years.
The Tower Block on London Lane has been turned down by the Council
A new tower block proposed for Corbridge Crescent, just south of the Regent’s Canal in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets, will puncture the skyline of E8 and neighbouring postcodes.
‘Hackney Heroine’ Pauling Pearce is to throw her hat in the ring to be the next Councillor for Hackney Central.
To cheers and loud applause from a packed public gallery, Hackney’s Planning committee have turned down the application for an 18 storey tower block by Dalston Kingsland Station.
- Sign up for your planning alerts!
- Boris cash for town renewal
- If in doubt, knock it down
- Love at the Lido
- Killing jobs and preparing the way for Tescos
- Building on success (and not in a good way)
- Planning application for Sainsbury’s shopfront
- Sainsbury’s to open near Broadway
- Play the Game
- Fun no Games
- St Mark’s evictions
Local news sources
- Competition – win pair of tickets to Crown and Shuttle’s New Year’s Eve bash 20 Dec 3:17pm
- Judges reject Hackney Council’s bid to halt fire station closure 20 Dec 2:14pm
- Old East Enders by Jane Cox – review 20 Dec 12:24pm
- Homeless victim of fatal assault Miro Glaza remembered at vigil 20 Dec 10:52am
- Hackney to demolish Dalston Lane's Georgian houses 20 Dec 7:51am
- Anger at fly-tipped waste on Mabley Green 19 Dec 5:06pm
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug – review 19 Dec 12:55pm
- Skylodge – review 19 Dec 12:17pm
- Best of Hackney 2013 winners announced! 19 Dec 7:47am
- Travellers given 24 hours to vacate Mabley Green 18 Dec 5:00pm