The fate of the businesses which occupy the Westgate Centre will be decided on 10th October at a planning committee at the Town Hall. Notting Hill Housing Trust’s wants to demolish the busy industrial units on Westgate/Bocking Street and replace them with the same type of commercial units that have been empty for years.
The Tower Block on London Lane has been turned down by the Council
A new tower block proposed for Corbridge Crescent, just south of the Regent’s Canal in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets, will puncture the skyline of E8 and neighbouring postcodes.
‘Hackney Heroine’ Pauling Pearce is to throw her hat in the ring to be the next Councillor for Hackney Central.
To cheers and loud applause from a packed public gallery, Hackney’s Planning committee have turned down the application for an 18 storey tower block by Dalston Kingsland Station.
- Sign up for your planning alerts!
- Boris cash for town renewal
- If in doubt, knock it down
- Love at the Lido
- Killing jobs and preparing the way for Tescos
- Building on success (and not in a good way)
- Planning application for Sainsbury’s shopfront
- Sainsbury’s to open near Broadway
- Play the Game
- Fun no Games
- St Mark’s evictions
Local news sources
- Man critical after early morning assault in Mare Street 16 May 9:00pm
- St John at Hackney church blessed with showstopping 2013 music lineup 16 May 4:09pm
- Cash for a Shot Tin Roof: rain threatens to stop plays at Yard Theatre 16 May 2:46pm
- These Shining Lives at The Park Theatre – review 16 May 1:16pm
- Edible furniture to celebrate reopening of Sutton House cafe 16 May 9:21am
- ‘Crisis of masculinity’ harming Britain, Hackney MP Diane Abbott warns 16 May 8:41am
- Stik’s riot mural removed from public display and sold to celebrity dealer 15 May 4:00pm
- TfL re-applys to Hackney to build a private gated community on its Dalston public land 14 May 10:10pm
- Full steam ahead for consultation on Crossrail 2 Hackney project 14 May 4:29pm
- Star Trek Into Darkness – review 14 May 2:24pm